At a meeting held at the Ministry of Economy and Industry, the transition to a circular economy was discussed. The meeting was attended by representatives of the scientific community, the prime minister’s office, the Ministry of Environment and Water, and the Ministry of Innovation and Growth. The meeting was hosted by Yanko Topalov, Deputy Minister of Economy and Industry.
“The implementation of this process will help consolidate sustainability in the long term,” the deputy minister noted. Topalov added that the participation of the scientific community in the smooth transition from a linear economy to a circular economy is essential.
The meeting participants stated that it is very important to raise awareness about issues related to the transition to a green economy, as well as the need for companies to invest in this field that would add value to their businesses. At the meeting, it was also commented that a change in thinking style is necessary to realize these business ideas.
“The transition from a linear economy to a circular economy is an important change in the economic system,” said the deputy minister, noting that this change should cover the entire production cycle, from product design, the movement of material flows, to the creation of appropriate incentives and legal structures to promote business ideas.
At the meeting, the strategy of the Republic of Bulgaria 2022-2027 for the transition to a circular economy and the action plan for this were discussed, which was approved by the government. He stated that it is very important to involve the scientific community in decision-making processes at the institutional level and to apply their expertise in the transition from a linear economy to a circular economy.
- Balkans | The European Parliament doubts that Hungary will be able to take over the rotating EU presidency in 2024
- Balkans | Additional NATO forces arrive in Kosovo
- Balkans | President Erdoğan was supported by the head of the Serbian Democratic Action Party Ojljanin
- Balkans | Visit of the Ansar Association Dormitory “Şule Yüksel Şenler” from the President of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Mustafa Şentop
- Balkans | The book “If You Don’t Get Lost, This City Is Still Yours” was presented in Skopje
- Balkans | Two-day visit to North Macedonia from EU Representative Borrell
- Balkans | Turkish wrestler Taha Akgül became a champion in the European Wrestling Championship, which was held in Croatia
- Balkans | Osmani: OSCE values are more important today than ever
- What is shamanism? What are the rituals and symbols of shamanism?
- Balkans | Jirvala: Dacic is responsible for the massacres of the war in Kosovo