The Turks of Western Thrace continue to preserve the tradition of communal breakfast in Ramadan.
The time for breaking the fast in Komotini and Xanthi was announced with firecrackers in the Turkish quarters. The sound of the drums that the young volunteers beat before breakfast also indicates that it is time to break the fast.
As every year, collective iftars are held in the courtyards of mosques in Western Thrace in order to preserve the spiritual atmosphere of Ramadan this year.
With the evening prayer, the fast is opened first, and then the worshipers stand in the evening prayer. After Tarawih prayers, various entertainment programs are organized for children.
“Our Iftar is a symbol of unity, synergy and integration”
Xanthi Mufti Mustafa Trampa emphasized the importance of the collective iftar tradition for the Turkish Muslim minority in Western Thrace and said, “Our iftar meals are a symbol of unity, synergy and integration.”
Trumpa said that after the time and Tarawih prayers, talks took place with the worshipers, accompanied by tea and coffee.
“The collective iftar tables in the villages have become for the youth.”
The Mayor of Mustafa, Radvan Delihsin, said that in Western Thrace, especially in the villages, collective iftar tables have grown and become aimed at young people, while contributing to the unity and solidarity of society.
“We are renewing and expanding our unity and solidarity”
Dilhausen said, “With the contribution of our mufti, our businessmen, and our municipality, group iftar programs are being held with great participation. Here we met with our youth for breakfast. These organizations are also embraced by the heads of Turkish institutions and organizations. Thank God, we renewed and expanded our unity and solidarity in this way.”
So far, group iftar programs have been held in the villages of Enhanlı, Vegili, Şahin, Buyuk Derbent and Mustafa across Western Thrace.
Turkish Consul General in Komotini Aykut Unal, Chairman of the Advisory Council of Western Thrace Turkish Minority, elected Mufti of Komotini Ibrahim Sharif, Mufti of Xanthi Mustafa Trumpa, Chairman of the Friendship, Equality and Peace Party (DEB) Cidem Asafoglu, and fellow deputies Huseyin Zeybek and Burhan Baran and Federation President will attend Turkish Xanthi Ozan Ahmetoglu, President of the Western Minority Alumni Association of Thrace, Huseyin Baltashi, and many relatives.
- Balkans | Accident on the Ignatia Highway: TIR with a flat tire entered the oncoming road
- Balkans | The Sultan Murad Mosque, which was restored by TIKA, will be inaugurated with the participation of Turkish Minister of Culture Ersoy
- Balkans | Strong interest in the IUS scholarship exam
- Balkans | A market for earthquake victims was held at the Maarif School in Tetovo.
- Balkans | An Iftar for 1,300 people was held near the historic bridge of Mostar
- Balkans | The shot of the Balkan lullaby in Skopje has reached its twenty-fifth episode.
- The 7 most important heroes in ancient Greek mythology
- Balkans | Greece’s domestic drone, which is in an arms race with Turkey, has become the object of ridicule
- Balkans | The European Union agrees to Croatia’s accession to the Schengen Area
- Balkans | Ireland: We are very concerned about the violence in northern Kosovo