The United Nations has condemned the execution of the 23-year-old, who is on death row in connection with the protests in Iran.
In a written statement from the UN, he stated that the UN experts had drawn attention to concerns about death sentences in Iran.
The statement indicated that the Islamic Revolution Court in Tehran had charged the 23-year-old Iranian with “waging war against God” and that the Iranian authorities had ratified death sentences issued against 12 people so far.
Stressing that executions due to unfair trials arbitrarily deprive people of life, the statement said that UN experts condemned the execution of the 23-year-old.
The experts also called on Iran to impose a moratorium on the abolition of the death penalty.
Execution of the first death sentence
Mohsen Shekari, one of the 11 people sentenced to death so far, was reported to have been executed in connection with the demonstrations that began after the death of a young woman in Iran after she was taken into police custody.
Shekari became the first protester to be executed in connection with the Mohseh Emini protests in Iran.
Regarding the demonstrations that have been going on for about 3 months in the country, 11 people have been sentenced to death so far.
Death sentences issued by the Revolutionary Courts must be upheld by the Supreme Court. The head of the judiciary, Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejei, stated on December 6 that the sentences of some people on death row have been approved and will be carried out soon.
According to Iran’s Penal Code, crimes such as “disrupting public order, causing harm, and waging war against the state” shall be punished with the death penalty.
- Balkans | The WSPS World Cup tournament continues to launch coins in Croatia
- Balkans | Miroslav Blazevic, coach of the Bosnian-Croatian national team, nicknamed the “coach of teachers”, has passed away.
- Balkans | Macedonian citizens who were in the earthquake zone returned to the country
- Balkans | Reciprocal statements in the tension between Serbia and Kosovo
- Balkans | A Turkish soldier distributes Ramadan bread to the people of Kosovo
- Balkans | The EU’s proposal for a “final agreement” on Kosovo and Serbia has leaked to the press
- Balkans | Global food prices fell in December
- Balkans | MK Ancaragocu signed Andrej Đukanović from Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Bosnian Leader Besirovic: Bosnia and Herzegovina is moving unceasingly towards NATO
- Balkans | Turkish wrestler Taha Akgül became a champion in the European Wrestling Championship, which was held in Croatia