The United States and North Macedonia have reportedly signed a memorandum of understanding to cooperate in combating disinformation and information manipulation.
In a written statement from the US State Department, “Following a meeting with US Secretary of State (Anthony) Blinken on May 8, 2023, Prime Minister of North Macedonia Dmitar Kovacevski and US Special Envoy and Global Communications Center Coordinator James B. Rubin convened a meeting between the two NATO allies, and signed a memorandum Understanding on cooperation in combating information manipulation. It has been said.
The statement stated that this agreement is part of the steps taken after the meetings of the delegations of the two countries in Skopje on April 11, 2023, and the statement said: “During these talks, the two sides expressed their concerns that Russia and some other countries have resorted to disinformation to undermine democracy and national security.” The new MOU will enable closer cooperation to combat misinformation and disinformation, protect democratic processes and build resilient information ecosystems.” Data included.
- Balkans | The task of forming the government in Bulgaria was entrusted to Maria Gabriel
- Balkans | Konyaspor added Croatian footballer RAK to his team
- Balkans | Miroslav Blazevic, coach of the Bosnian-Croatian national team, nicknamed the “coach of teachers”, has passed away.
- Balkans | Journalists attacked in northern Kosovo
- The killer who hid the woman he killed in the freezer for 9 months: Bernie Ted
- The mysterious alien sect where 39 members commit suicide: Heaven’s Gate
- Balkans | Why are President Thachi and the Oak leaders on trial?
- Balkans | Wastewater testing training in BiH from TIKA
- Balkans | Vucic: Serbia will continue to help Turkey
- Balkans | 14 March Medicine Day passed sadly in Kosovo