The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a new drug that appears to slow Alzheimer’s disease.
The US Food and Drug Administration stated that the drug, called Leqembi, will be prescribed to patients with mild or early stages of the disease.
The drug, which has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for use, is the first of its kind shown to slow the decline in memory and thinking.
But experts believe it will only take a few months for the drug to delay cognitive decline.
“This drug is not a cure,” Joy Snyder, a neurologist at the University of Washington, told NBC. It does not prevent patients from getting worse, it only significantly slows down the progression of the disease.
On the other hand, experts draw attention to the side effects that the drug may cause swelling in the brain or the need for treatment by infusion twice a month.
It is reported that the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease with Leqembi for one year, which is produced by the Japanese company Eisai and its American partner Biogen, will cost about 26 thousand 500 dollars.
It is estimated that there are 6 million Alzheimer’s patients in the United States.
- Balkans | Kosovo will apply for EU membership this week
- Balkans | The surface of the Drina River in Bosnia and Herzegovina is covered with rubbish and rubbish
- Balkans | Political consultations between Turkey and Albania are held in Albania
- Balkans | Milanovic: Vucic is starting to move away from Russia
- Balkan Time | Small and medium enterprises can join the Monitoring Committee of the Cross Border Cooperation Program between Greece and Bulgaria
- Balkans | The book “If You Don’t Get Lost, This City Is Still Yours” was presented in Skopje
- Balkans | Directed by Peleshi’s Bayraktar: ‘I hope we don’t have to use it’
- Balkans | Bosnian member of the Presidency Council of Bosnia and Herzegovina received Beserovic, NATO representative
- Balkans | The Bulgarian Investment Agency organized the International Business and Investment Forum in Istanbul
- Balkans | Claims that Kosovo is preparing for war is Serbian propaganda.