US Ambassador to Kosovo Jeffrey Hovenier stated that the recent tensions in northern Kosovo will affect relations between the two countries and that the US will impose sanctions on Kosovo.
Hovenir, group Kosovo He made a statement to the reporter on the agenda.
Noting that the Kosovo government has not coordinated with the United States regarding the actions it has implemented in the north, Hovenir stated that “Defender Europe 2023”, the largest military exercise of NATO allies in the Balkans, has come to an end for Kosovo. This will be the first punishment.
Hovenir, this crisis with Kosovo United States of America Stating that it will affect relationships between your comparison is your house is on fire, you need to put out the fire. So, I don’t think you’ll get a lot of patience from the United States because we expect the government to defuse the situation in the north.” He used phrases.
In addition, Hovenet was interested in preventing Kosovo’s leaders from visiting the United States and preventing the United States from visiting Kosovo. Unaware of independence He announced that sanctions such as stopping lobbying activities against states could be applied.
Hovenet stated that they demanded from Kosovar Prime Minister Albin Kurti that the Kosovo Police withdraw from municipal buildings in the north and that newly elected Albanian mayors should not serve in municipal buildings because they could not get more than 3-4 percent of the vote, we asked him to take steps. He did not respond to these requests and we are analyzing what our next actions will be,” he said.
Hovenet expressed hope that the Kosovo government would accept their proposals, and said that with the reduction of tensions in the region, he would turn his attention to implementing the agreement reached in March to normalize relations between Kosovo and Serbia.
Asked if Serbia’s preparation for war poses a threat to Kosovo, Hovenet said it “does not bode well” for neighboring countries with strained relations to mobilize their forces.
- Balkans | 35 kilometers of additional steel fencing stretches from Greece to the banks of the Evros River
- Balkans | The municipality of Prilep has allocated 450,000 dinars to the earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria.
- Balkans | Agricultural support from TIKA to needy families in Albania
- Balkans | Muslims in the Western Balkans perform Eid al-Fitr prayers
- Balkans | Serbs boycott local elections in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Floods in Serbia have inundated more than 2,500 homes
- Balkans | 8 dead and 14 wounded in an armed attack in Serbia
- Balkans | A clear message from Turkey: if Athens did this, it would be considered a cause for war.
- President Erdoğan Komsic received a member of the Presidency Council of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Centuries-old Bosnian grandmothers remember the past Ramadan with longing