The International Scout Jamboree organized by the Kalkan Scout Club was held this year with the support of TIKA.
The organization, in which Turkish, Albanian, Bosnian, Montenegrin and Macedonian scouts camped together, lasted for 4 days with cultural trips to Skopje, Tetovo, Struga and Ohrid and scouting activities held at the Ohrid Scout Center.
The camp, which began on May 5, was completed on the evening of May 8.
In a welcoming speech at the official opening ceremony, Kalkan Association President Cengiz Destan stated that while he was proud and happy to host the organization for the thirteenth time, they were sad compared to previous years.
Destan followed up his words by saying that the aforementioned grief was due to the earthquake that occurred in the motherland Turkey exactly 3 months ago and said, “Although we are crowded here, we will always miss them because of the brothers we lost in an earthquake.”
Afterwards, Destan, President of the Kalkan Association, who thanked TIKA for the material and moral support it provided to this organization, said: “We are proud to see the Scouts, which are a model for different countries working together in common fraternal goals, as is the case every year, under the umbrella of TIKA, Our Motherland’s Distinguished Enterprise.
TIKA representative, supporter of the organization, TIKA Skopje coordinator Omer Halim Sogut started his opening speech by wishing God’s mercy to those who lost their lives in the earthquake.
“The Scouts or the families who were in camp in years past may no longer be with us now, our grief will always be there, and their lack will always be felt,” said Sogut. He has done his evaluation.
Pointing out how happy they are to support this organization of the Kalkan Association and Scout Club, Sogut said he is glad to have scouts from different countries, religions and nationalities under the umbrella of TIKA.
- Balkans | MSB: Aid of clothing has been provided to 38 families affected by floods in Kosovo
- Balkans | Laws cannot be passed in the Kosovo Assembly
- Balkans | Magnitude 5.1 earthquake in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Dodik: War is not an option
- Balkan Time | Small and medium enterprises can join the Monitoring Committee of the Cross Border Cooperation Program between Greece and Bulgaria
- Balkans | The hottest year in the last 8 years was recorded in the world
- Balkans | Corti: The Franco-German plan is not a final solution
- Balkans | Drinking water in Skopje is safe
- Balkans | Bosnian and Serbian search and rescue teams have been dispatched from Istanbul Airport to their countries
- Balkans | Rescue of 18 illegal immigrants left for dead by Greece