It was announced that 4,830 out of 6,420 compensation claims paid to relatives of victims on behalf of Dutch soldiers, whom the Netherlands admitted was “partially” responsible for the Srebrenica genocide, were awaiting evaluation.
Dutch Potocari Compensation Commission spokesman Frank Niervoort told Anadolu Agency (AA) that since June 15, 2021, 6,420 people have applied for compensation as relatives of 350 civilians from Srebrenica during the war in Bosnia (1992-1995).
Nerfurt indicated that the committee paid 860 relatives of the victims and rejected 730 requests for compensation, while 4,830 people were waiting for their requests to be finalized.
Explaining that the Dutch Ministry of Defense has paid 8.6 million euros in compensation so far, Niervoort said: “The spouses of those who died in the Holocaust receive 15,000 euros, while the children, parents and siblings of the deceased receive 10,000 euros each.” He said.
“It takes a long time to review,” Nerfurt said of pending applications. Requests received are translated at the Sarajevo office. Then, in cases where the experts here do not find the documents and evidence sufficient, we can ask the relatives of the victims to provide witnesses. It’s a very carefully executed process.” He said.
Noting that the commission will continue to receive applications until June 14, 2023, Nerfurt said, “We think these numbers will increase further.” Use the phrase.
The court found the Dutch soldiers at fault
In a 2017 Dutch District Court decision, the war in Bosnia Srebrenica The proportion of the Dutch soldiers, who had partly committed the massacre of 350 civilians by the Serbs, was set at 30 percent.
Although the Dutch Supreme Court accepted in July 2019 that those who had taken refuge at the base where the Dutch soldiers were stationed had been removed from the base by soldiers on July 13, 1995 and subsequently killed by Serbs, it reduced the Netherlands’ share of liability from 30 percent. percent to 10 percent.
The mothers from Srebrenica have taken the decision to appeal the “partial” conviction of the Dutch soldiers and reduce their share of responsibility to 10 percent to the European Court of Human Rights.
- Balkans | Croats evaluated the process of change brought about by joining the Eurozone
- Balkans | Kosovo calls for measures with a focus on “Srebrenica” for the EU countries
- Balkans | Before Corti Lajçak and Escobar
- Balkans | Joint celebration December 21st by Turkish teachers from Tetovo
- Balkans | Bobuchi: Several thousand companies will pay the crisis tax
- Balkans | Majiti: BDI ministers are not legitimate in the eyes of the citizens
- Balkans | FIFA fined Serbia for a controversial flag
- Balkans | Croatian Borgana Cristo is the new chairperson of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Discovery that could shed light on human history: Karahantepe
- Balkans | Early general elections will be held in Bulgaria on April 2