The Turkish National Belek Movement (TMBH) announced the acceptance of the formalization of the Turkish language in the municipality of Vasilevo, where the Turkish population increased by more than 20% in the last census.
The following statements were made in the statement made by TMBH on the matter:
“Our above-mentioned official request, which was conveyed to the municipal authorities by the Vasilevo Municipal Councilor and Vice-Chairman of TMBH, Mr. Ridvan Mehmedov, was put on the agenda at the Vasilevo Municipal Council meeting on Saturday, December 9, 2022 unanimously, our request upon our request was positively met by 14 members of Parliament attended the meeting and it was confirmed that there was no problem in making the decision.Mayor Slav Andonov stated that our request is in accordance with the Constitution and laws, and there is no obstacle to the official service of Turkish, which is the second official language and its Latin alphabet, in Vasilevo municipality, in addition to the official one. Language and its Cyrillic alphabet, Macedonian, as of January 1, 2023.
He also confirmed that the 2023 budget would also be suitable for carrying out the required implementation, and that the indicative signs for all geographical names and public institutions should be written in Turkish. We also mentioned the need to employ Turks in the municipality and public institutions at the rate that we mentioned in our article.
As a result of these statements, 14 members of parliament from different parties participating in the meeting, such as the government and the opposition, unanimously approved the entry into force of the Turkish language as a second official language in Vasilevo municipality on January 1, 2023. We will remember that Vasilevo municipality includes 15 councillors.
On behalf of all members of the Turkish National Unity Movement, our friend Mayor S.
We congratulate and express our gratitude to Abdul Andonov and all members of the Vasilevo Municipal Council for their high understanding of democracy and sensitivity to law. Hope for the best. Millet for all our other municipalities.
As the national reaction and conscience of the Macedonian Turks, we will spare no effort to support them with projects to expand and enrich the very good international relations and solidarity that exist in the municipality.
- Balkans | The Bulgarian Investment Agency organized the International Business and Investment Forum in Istanbul
- Balkans | The 270th issue of “Turkiti” magazine, published in Kosovo, has been published.
- Balkans | BiH aims to cooperate with Frontex
- Balkans | Macedonia and Kosovo received awards at the Turkey Alumni Forum
- Balkans | Palestinian prisoner Hadeer Adnan died in Israeli jails after 87 days of hunger strike.
- Balkans | Croatia in the quarter-finals
- Balkans | Radev discussed joint investments in sectors with high added value with businessmen in Baku
- Balkans | Cevik: What happened in Bosnia will not be erased from our memory
- Balkans | The streets of Pristina are littered with piles of rubbish
- Balkans | Sweden: Vucic’s games and criminal elements continue