In European Union countries, the number of nights spent in tourist facilities such as hotels and hostels last year approached the level it was before the Covid-19 pandemic.
European Statistical Office (Eurostat) Tourist accommodation published its data.
Accordingly, the tourism sector in the European Union, which was hit hard by the pandemic, recovered significantly last year.
The number of overnight stays in tourist facilities reached 2 billion 880 million in 2019, that is, before the pandemic, 2 billion 720 million in 2022. Thus, last year, overnight stays in tourist facilities in European Union countries were only 5.6 percent behind the 2019 period. preceding the outbreak of the epidemic.
The number of night tourists in the European Union countries reached 1 billion 420 million in 2020 and 1 billion 830 million in 2021.
While the accommodation of international tourists coming from outside the European Union countries reached 1 billion 360 million in 2019, it was 1 billion 190 million last year. Thus, stays by international tourists remained 12.6 percent lower than the pre-pandemic level.
The number of international tourist overnight stays is set at 412.5 million in 2020 and 587.8 million in 2021.
The number of tourist nights in 3 EU Member States has exceeded pre-COVID-19 levels. Last year, tourist stays increased by 12.3% in Denmark, 3.9% in the Netherlands and 0.5% in Belgium compared to the pre-pandemic period.
- Balkans | A Turkish soldier distributes halva in Kosovo
- Balkans | Galatasaray match with Macedonia K.
- Balkans | The “Independence Day” reception held in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the UAE, Al Nahyan, received the Prime Minister of Kosovo, Kurti
- Balkans | Bulgarian Maria Gabriel restores power to form the first government
- Balkans | Croatia coach Dalic: Reaching back-to-back World Cup finals would be the greatest achievement ever
- Balkans | Konyaspor added Croatian footballer RAK to his team
- Balkans | USA: We are concerned about Wagner’s presence in Serbia
- Balkans | Defense Minister Petrovska said that she plans to spend her vacation in Türkiye
- Balkans | 433 young men will join the Kosovo Police Force