The AKUT Search and Rescue Association and Serbian Search and Rescue teams gathered at a conference titled “Allies in Disaster: The Turkish-Serbian Experience” held in Novi Sad, Serbia.
Opening the conference held at the University of Novi Sad, State Secretary of the Serbian Ministry of Defense Nemanja Starovic said that relations between Turkey and Serbia are going through a dynamic period in many areas, including disaster management and disaster relief.
“Disasters happen sometimes, and when they do, our duty is to show solidarity,” Starovich said. He said.
Esra Ustenkaya, who attended the conference on behalf of AKUT, stated that she will share her experiences with the Serbian team about the earthquakes in Kahramanmaraş that occurred on February 6.
Ustinkaya thanked the Serbian teams that participated in the search and rescue efforts in Turkey during the earthquakes and indicated that the Turkish people will never forget this assistance.
Dragan Bilic, from the Serbian Search and Rescue Team, said: “We are here today to analyze and summarize the impressions we had during our time in Turkey and discuss all the steps we took there. At the same time, we came together to discuss future cooperation and exercises such as exercises.” He said.
- Balkans | Serbia asks the Kosovo Force to send troops to Kosovo
- Balkans | Voting begins in Bulgaria for the second round of the presidential election
- Balkans | A federal government established in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | According to Greek Prime Minister Mitsotakis, a solution with Turkey is possible
- Balkans | Plenkovitch evaluated the arrest warrant against Putin
- Balkans | Kobe Bryant’s wife gets $28.85 million in compensation for the accident photos
- Balkans | A chain of solidarity from Greece to Bodrum
- Balkans | The death of a French nun at the age of 118, the oldest person in the world
- Balkans | Greece puts 250 border police on the Turkish border
- Balkans | Greece is in the process of preparing a law that will exclude terrorist organizations from Parliament