National wrestler Feyzullah Akturk is aiming to win gold at the European Championships for the second time in a row.
The 2023 European Wrestling Championships starts today in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia. National runner Feyzullah Akturk will represent Turkey in the men’s 92kg freestyle event.
Faizullah attracted attention last year as the European champion in both the under-23 and senior categories.
National wrestler Feyzullah Akturk told Anadolu Agency (AA) that he wants to be at the top of the podium at the European Championships, where he will compete for the second time in the senior category.
Faizullah said that they completed the preparations for the tournament at the Al Madagh Camp Training Center, “We had a good preparatory process. We think we have prepared well for the European Championship as a team. We will sit on the carpet and do our best.” He said.
And the national athlete emphasized that he always strives for championship: “I won the gold medal at the European Championships that were held in Budapest, the capital of Hungary, last year. I will be in Croatia as the last European champion. I want to protect my title. Last year was my first experience with seniors, I became European champion. I’m going as European champion this year. I hope to become European champion for the second time and raise the flag of our country.” Use phrases.
They will try to return with the championship trophy
National wrestler Feyzullah Akturk stated that they aim to win the championship cup as a team in the men’s freestyle.
Recalling that they won the second place in Europe last year as a team, Feydullah said, “Last year we had such an ordeal. Soner Demirtaş, a very experienced name who suffered a weight of 74 kilograms, suffered an injury. If he is not injured and has a medal match or a match Final, we would have been champions as a team. We aim to be champions as a team. May God reward you with the best of our hearts.” He said.
Faizullah indicated that they have a good staff, which includes young and experienced names, and that they aim to obtain a championship that carries many medals.
The freestyle competitions will be held at the European Wrestling Championships from April 17-19.
- Balkans | The candidacy of two public prosecutors to represent Bulgaria in the EU Prosecutor’s Office has been approved, one of them has been rejected
- Balkans | An earthquake occurred on the Greek island of Evia (Eupua)
- Balkans | The activities of international relief teams continue in the earthquake zones
- Balkans | A barricade was set on fire in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Street breakfast party in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Fenerbahçe Beko beat Partizan
- Balkans | Heavy snowfall in Slovenia and Croatia negatively affected life
- Balkans | In France, a Muslim restaurateur delights orphans with hamburgers
- Balkans | Games for the earthquake victims gathered in the Zheleznkar and Sloboda match
- Balkans | The Bulgarian mufti will support 22 orphans and orphans