Turkey’s ambassador to Belgrade, Hami Aksoy, attended the iftar dinner, which was held in the city of Novi Pazar, in the Serbian region of Sanjak, where Muslims are concentrated.
The Belgrade ambassadors of 11 Islamic countries also attended the iftar banquet prepared by the Municipality of Novi Pazar.
Aksoy said in a statement to the APS reporter, “We always visit Novi Pazar. We became the first country to open a general consulate in Novi Pazar in 2021. We are always at the service of our brothers from Sinjak.” He said.
Ambassador Aksoy noted that they are very happy to participate in the traditional iftar program.
The Mayor of Novi Pazar, Nihat Pisivak, also stated that the spirit of Ramadan experienced by Novi Pazar does not exist in any city in the Balkans, and that ambassadors visit the city with their families during the month of Ramadan.
“Novi Pazar serves as a bridge between our country and Islamic countries,” said Pisivak. He said.
Ambassador Aksoy’s visit to the Bosnian National Minority Council
Ambassador Aksoy visited the Council of the Bosnian National Minority in Novi Pazar before breakfast.
Aksoy, who was received by President Mesala Bramenković at the Majlis Center, received information about the work done here. Aksoy was accompanied by the Turkish Consul General Novi Pazar Pasar Paşol.
Aksoy and Paşol also paid a visit to the Serbian Islamic Union Mshehat Sanjak Mufti Sanad Halitović and congratulated him on the month of Ramadan.
- Balkans | European Union to help Greece modernize its railways
- Balkans | New aid collected in Greece has reached Turkey
- Balkans | Keen interest in Turkish from Bosnia and Herzegovina soldiers
- Balkans | Support of Turkish soldiers to Kosovo in the field of education
- Balkans | A former Serbian soldier has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for war crimes in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | The message of the coalition government came from the polls in Bulgaria
- Historical development of feminine hygiene products
- Balkans | The Turkish Embassy in Skopje made a statement about the handover of the collected aid.
- Balkans | The memory of the child Turkan and other martyrs will be commemorated in Bulgaria
- Balkans | A Turkish company built the metro for the third time in Sofia