Karjali Municipality said in a statement yesterday (February 9): “Today, two more trucks of 15 tons each with aid collected in seven districts of Karjali will depart from Karjali to Turkey within a few hours.
In one truck, baby food, packaged food products, canned food products, water, other thick clothing, blankets, sheets, shoes, etc. Products are available. In Karjali, the flow of citizens who want to help their neighbors who were affected by the earthquake does not stop. Yesterday, nearly 250 people gave aid to the aid collection center set up at Capitan Petko Vojvoda Street No: 1. Aid is also being collected at the mayors within the municipality boundaries.
The municipality has appointed staff to accept and sort donations. They will continue to operate in the coming days, including Saturdays and Sundays. Today, the transfer will take place to the aid distribution point in Edirne, where the Turkish state is in charge of aid coordination.
- Balkans | The mayor of Oteppe was threatened with death by a municipal employee
- Balkans | Hinović from Search and Rescue Team BiH: None of us could have imagined the disaster
- Balkans | Karadi, head of the MRF party in Bulgaria, calls for the support of citizens living in Turkey
- Balkans | Nikolai Melkov, Bulgaria’s new permanent representative to NATO, presented his credentials
- Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama congratulated President Erdogan on the victory
- Balkans | Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Dönmez met with Minister of Economy Bekteshi
- Balkans | The Holy Quran Respect Program will be held in front of the Turkish Embassy in Sweden
- Balkans | Toys collected for earthquake-affected children during the Novi Pazar-Radniki match in the Serbian league
- Balkans | 37 million euros support Kosovo in Germany￼
- Balkans | Prime Minister Kovaczewski congratulated President Erdoğan