The physical attack on two young athletes from Bosnia and Herzegovina in Bar, Montenegro, sparked reactions in the region.
In a statement issued by the Bar Association, it was recorded that two athletes, aged 14 and 17, from the Sarajevo Athletics Club, who came to the city from Bosnia and Herzegovina, were attacked by 5 people on Saturday evening.
The statement stated that two of the attackers are 15 years old, two are 17 years old, and one is 18 years old, and they are taken into custody for the necessary procedures, and the treatment of the assaulted youths in Podgorica Hospital. Continue center.
“Montenegro does not remember such a shameful incident of violence”
Adruana Pribenya, one of the victims of the attack, shared on her Twitter account that her son and her friend Alija were attacked in the pub and said: “Haroun is in good shape, although his head was cut off with a metal skewer. Her friend Alija, on the other hand, has multiple fractures in her her cheekbones.” Use phrases.
Montenegrin President Milo Djukanovic tweeted, “Montenegro does not remember such a disgraceful act of violence that our guests witnessed in Bar. Young athletes from friendly Bosnia and Herzegovina were violently attacked. The possibility that this attack could be due to a racial or religious reason would be all the more devastating.” He rated it.
- Balkans | €5.5 million support from the Government of Kosovo for companies
- Balkans | Bulgarian Foreign Minister: We are witnessing an unprecedented increase in Russian hybrid attacks
- Balkans | Borrell: Kosovo and Serbia agree to implement the EU plan
- Balkans | Protest action in Pristina on 1 May
- Balkans | European Union: Serbia’s non-compliance with the Ohrid Agreement will have a “very negative” impact on the accession process
- Balkans | Europe turns to coal in energy crisis
- Balkans | Albania’s birth rate is dropping to its lowest level in three years
- Balkans | In Kosovo, two Serbs, including a child, were injured during Christmas celebrations in protest
- Balkans | Azerbaijani President Aliyev received the Minister of Security of Bosnia and Herzegovina Nesic
- Balkans | Plans to send people from Camp Lavrion from Greece to other camps