UN Secretary-General António Guterres, in his meeting with the Group of Ambassadors of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), condemned intolerance, violence and acts of Islamophobia, and stated that he stands in solidarity with the Muslim community.
In a written statement from the UN spokesperson, it was stated that Guterres held a meeting with members of the Organization of the Islamic Conference at the UN building in New York.
In the statement, he noted that Guterres stressed that the United Nations would make efforts to implement the Human Rights Council resolution “to combat anti-religious hatred that leads to discrimination, hostility and violence.”
Stressing Guterres’ solidarity with the Muslim community, the statement said: “The Secretary-General condemns acts of intolerance, violence and Islamophobia that increase tensions and lead to discrimination and extremism.” expressions were used.
- Balkans | Meteors fell over Bulgaria, in Romania
- Balkans | Opening of an exhibition entitled “Women… Life of Palestine” in Serbia
- Balkans | Rescue of 43 irregular migrants from Greece
- Balkans | Master Scholarship for 45 Kosovo Students from the European Union
- Balkans | Alternativa decided to leave the government
- Balkans | Vucic: Serbia considers Turkey a partner in maintaining peace and stability in the Western Balkans
- Balkans | Bulgarian citizen Stativa converted to Islam
- Balkans | The second round of voting for the presidential elections in Turkey has begun in the Balkan countries
- Balkans | A market for earthquake victims was held at the Maarif School in Tetovo.
- Balkans | The Hajj caravan departs from Bosnia and Herzegovina to Saudi Arabia