United Nations spokesman Stéphane Dujarric, regarding the genocide committed in Srebrenica in eastern Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1995, “The world and the United Nations left the people of Srebrenica in the middle of the last century.” He said.
Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Dujarric spoke about the 28th anniversary of the Srebrenica genocide at the daily press briefing.
Referring to UN Secretary-General António Guterres’ solidarity with the relatives of the victims, Dujarric said: “The Secretary-General strongly condemns the denial, legalization and contempt of crimes, and calls on political leaders not to do so and not to glorify war criminals.” Use your expressions.
Noting that Guterres stands in solidarity with the people of Bosnia and Herzegovina and supports receiving reparations, Dujarric said, “The world and the United Nations left the people of Srebrenica in the middle of the last century.” He said.
Immediately after the occupation of Srebrenica by Serb forces under the command of Ratko Mladić on 11 July 1995, Bosniak civilians who had taken refuge with Dutch soldiers inside the UN were handed over to the Serbs.
Allowing women and children to go into the area controlled by Bosniak soldiers, the Serbs killed at least 8,372 Bosniak men in forests, factories, and warehouses, and the dead were buried in mass graves.
The victims, whose bodies were found in mass graves during post-war tracing efforts, were buried in a ceremony at Potocari Memorial Cemetery on 11 July each year after their identification.
- Balkans | Visit of the North Macedonian Ambassador to Ankara Manasievski to Raif, Secretary General of Turkey
- Balkans | Parliament Speaker Şentop approved the Advisory Council of Western Thrace
- Balkans | KEK workers demand a bonus in Kosovo
- Balkans | Frangoyannis: Progress made between Türkiye and Greece within the framework of the “positive agenda”
- Balkans | Members of the Presidency Council of Bosnia and Herzegovina will visit Turkey
- Balkans | Great interest in the conference of the Turks in the Balkans and the Turks in Kosovo
- Balkans | The Turkish language is not included in the celebration of the New Year in Prizren
- Balkans | “BDI is ready to support a government without BDI until the elections if the opposition supports the constitutional amendments”
- Balkans | Anadolu Efes will be a guest of Red Star tomorrow in the THY Europa League
- North Korea’s Mysterious Crime Center: Room 39