The US Special Representative for the Western Balkans, Gabriel Escobar, said that the Federation of Serbian Municipalities would be established in Kosovo “immediately”.
Speaking to Radio Television Serbia (RTS), Escobar said that Pristina and Belgrade agreed to create the Federation of Municipalities of Serbia with the Brussels Agreement and that no one can withdraw from the agreement unilaterally.
The agreement is legally binding on Serbia, Kosovo and the European Union, Escobar said, “For us, this is a commitment because we also supported this process. One political party cannot unilaterally withdraw. For this reason, the Union of Serbian Municipalities will be created and we will look for ways to achieve this.”
Emphasizing the need to find a solution to the crisis in the region, Escobar “immediately” answered the question when the Confederation of Serbian Municipalities would be created.
Escobar added that the United States strongly opposes the return of the Serbian army and police to Kosovo, adding that “Washington opposes the militarization of problems. “The best way to solve the situation in Kosovo is through dialogue and diplomacy,” he said.
Escobar emphasized that the Serbs should return to Kosovo’s institutions and remove the barriers, and said that the Serbs do not have the representation and influence they deserve in government, and therefore he understands the “legitimate and in some cases justified” concerns on the Serb side.
source: Balkan News
- Balkans | A group of games “Crescent moon and star” for children in the Balkan countries
- Balkans | Macedonia holds the presidency of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe
- Balkans | 61 irregular migrants who were pushed to death by Greece have been rescued
- Balkans | A new Frontex manager confirms that pushbacks in the Aegean Sea will be prevented
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic evaluated the Franco-German plan on the Kosovo issue
- Balkans | An Albanian court’s decision to extradite founder Thodex Ozer to Turkey has been appealed.
- Balkans | Bulgaria returned 9,940 coins to Turkey
- Balkans | Serbia sends humanitarian aid to Ukraine
- Balkans | The European Union and NATO are satisfied with the de-escalation in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | TMBH announced the acceptance of the formalization of the Turkish language in Vasilevo Municipality