Chollet, the Undersecretary of State, said Wagner was trying to recruit troops from Serbia.
A statement came from Washington regarding elements of the Russian military company Wagner.
US Under Secretary of State Derek Chollet visited Belgrade, the capital of Serbia.
“They are trying to recruit soldiers from Serbia”
After meeting with Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic, Chollet indicated that Wagner was trying to recruit soldiers from this country.
We expressed our concerns.
Cholet “This is not a situation that we will stand behind. I don’t know if Serbia is concerned. We have expressed our concerns. We would like to work with the governments of the countries concerned to end Wagner’s activities here or elsewhere in the world.” He said.
Invitation to Serbia: Sanctions against Russia
Cholet emphasized that Wagner had carried out atrocious activities and stressed that Serbia should impose sanctions on Russia.
Wagner operates mostly in Africa
While Wagner, which is owned by Russian oligarch Yevgeny Prigozhin, is known to operate in many countries, mostly on the African continent, the Russian military company in question announced that it had set up a “friendship and cooperation center” in Serbia last month.
According to AA news, the pro-Moscow news portal RT reportedly published an announcement in the Serbian language that Wagner was looking for fighters in Ukraine and encouraged people in this direction.
- Balkans | Big discount on fuel prices
- Balkans | In Kosovo, two Serbs, including a child, were injured during Christmas celebrations in protest
- Balkans | The historic “triple” Serbian basketball player Jokic achieves victory
- Balkans | Konyaspor appointed Serbian coach Aleksandar Stanojevic at the head of the team
- Balkans | 64 irregular migrants who were pushed to death by Greece have been rescued
- Balkans | They transport natural gas from the field to the house in sacks
- Balkans | President of Ukraine Zelensky stated that heated clashes continue in Donbass
- Balkans | European Parliament Vice-President Kylie arrested on corruption charges
- Balkans | Austria is pressuring Bulgaria to receive two billion euros to protect its borders with Turkey
- Balkans | Ottoman: Anyone who denies the existence of the Macedonian people should be banned from entering the country