A signing ceremony was held for the visa-free travel of Kosovo citizens to the Schengen area.
European Parliament (AP) at the ceremony at her headquarters in Strasbourg, the President of the European Parliament Roberta Metsola, the Presidency of the European Union the Swedish Minister for European Affairs Jessica Roswall, the President of the European Parliament Kosovo It was attended by its rapporteur, Theis Reuten, Kosovo’s First Deputy Prime Minister on European Integration, Development and Dialogue Psnik Pislimi, and Kosovo’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Donica Jervala Schwarz.
After the signing ceremony, Kosovo Rapporteur Ryutin and Deputy Prime Minister of Kosovo Bislemi held a joint press conference.
Reuten said the injustice to Kosovo’s citizens had finally ended.
Noting that the EU has finally made good on its promise by opening the European integration chapter for Kosovo, Reuten said, “This decision is not meaningful only for Kosovo, because all citizens of the region outside Kosovo can travel without a visa. It was unfair, it was unfair, and that The situation is over. Kosovo has worked hard to meet all the requirements for years, met the requirements and now it is being rewarded for it.” Use phrases.
Deputy Prime Minister Bislemi also noted that since January, Kosovo citizens will not miss “thousands of opportunities” because they cannot obtain entry visas to European countries. The liberalization of visas will enable personal contacts, strengthen our relations with the EU, reaffirm the EU’s commitment to the region and increase the commercial, educational and cultural activities of our citizens.” He said.
Bislemi also said that all Kosovo Serbs who do not yet hold a Kosovo passport will have 8 months to obtain a passport before the visa-free travel decision takes effect.
Kosovo citizens will be able to travel to the Schengen Area without the need for a visa for up to 90 days within a 180-day period from January 1, 2024, after the decision is published in the Official Gazette.
- In which countries is the Gregorian calendar not used?
- Balkans | The pain caused by the integration attempts against the Turks and Muslims in Bulgaria was not forgotten.
- Balkans | Sultan Murad Mosque opened for worship in Pristina
- Balkans | Serbia coach in Konyaspor got his first coaching
- Balkans | Greece is under the influence of cold weather conditions
- Balkans | Donev discussed with Djukanovic the possibilities of increasing the volume of trade with Montenegro
- Balkans | The United States and North Macedonia sign a Memorandum of Understanding to cooperate in combating disinformation
- Balkans | 18 migrants found dead in the bed of a truck in Bulgaria
- Balkans | The investigation began because of the excavations in the protected Bulgarian city of Nesebar
- Why did Turkey not participate in the 1950 World Cup?