Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic announced that barriers would be removed in northern Kosovo with the establishment of a Serb-dominated Federation of Municipalities in Kosovo.
Speaking to the media during his visit to Azerbaijan, Vucic said, “First, we will create the Federation of Serbian Municipalities, and then we will remove the barriers in northern Kosovo.”
In order to create the Federation of Serbian Municipalities, Kosovo and Serbia have reached two agreements within the framework of the dialogue on normalization, mediated by the European Union.
Kosovo officials argued that creating such a federation would be detrimental to Kosovo.
According to Vucic, Kosovo does not want to listen, but only wants to humiliate Serbia.
Stressing that the behavior of KFOR, NATO’s mission in Kosovo, is more just than that of most Western governments, Vucic said, “KFOR takes the situation very seriously and responsibly.”
In a statement from Kosovo regarding the arrest of former Kosovo Serb police officer Dejan Pantic, Vucic added that Belgrade did not know the reason for the arrest.
Kosovo officials said Pantik, who was arrested on December 10, is suspected of organizing a “terrorist attack” on the offices of the Central Election Commission on December 6.
Because of Bantik’s detention, some local Serbs have set up barricades in northern Kosovo, blocking roads to the Yarenci and Brinjak border crossings, which connect Kosovo and Serbia.
On the other hand, KFOR announced that it has strengthened its presence in Järenje due to the possible presence of “organized criminal groups”.
Kosovo officials said it had the capacity to remove the barricades, but it gave KFOR time to remove the barricades peacefully.
- Balkans | About 3.6 percent of the world’s population lives outside the country of birth.
- Balkans | The Annual Ordinary General Assembly meeting of the Crescent Society was held
- Balkans | Finland will be one of the fastest joining NATO countries
- Balkans | According to Greek Prime Minister Mitsotakis, a solution with Turkey is possible
- Balkans | Bulgaria and Saudi Arabia will prepare a roadmap for joint investments
- Balkans | The Hajj caravan departs from Bosnia and Herzegovina to Saudi Arabia
- Balkans | Sending new aid trucks to the earthquake zones of Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | The Real Path Folk Dance Arms Association is registered in Kosovo with its new costumes
- Balkans | Suspension of the membership of the Greek MP party due to suspicions of corruption in Parliament
- Balkans | Foreign Minister Osmani held talks in Montenegro