Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic instructed Chief of General Staff Milan Mojilović to head to the Kosovo border last night, after tensions escalated in Kosovo.
Speaking to BINK TV in Serbia on Sunday evening, Mojcelovic said that the situation in Kosovo is complex and requires the presence of the Serbian army in the border area in the coming period.
“The instructions received by the Serbian army will be implemented accurately, clearly and completely,” said Mojcilovic, who went to the city of Raska, 10 kilometers from the Kosovo border, on Vucic’s instructions last night.
Gunshots escalate tensions
Vucic’s decision to send Mojcelovic to the border with Kosovo follows allegations that Kosovo police tried to remove a barrier erected by Serbs in Zubin Potok in the north of the country, during which clashes broke out.
The official Serbian broadcaster Radio Television Serbia announced the news of the shooting from Zubin Potok, while the Kosovo Police denied the allegations, stating that the police forces were not involved in any armed conflict.
Media in Pristina reported that soldiers of the NATO peacekeeping force in Kosovo, KFOR, were located where gunfire was heard.
In the statement released by KFOR, it was announced that soldiers who were on patrol in Zubin Potok were injured near the spot, but there were no injuries or property damage.
Kosovo’s Interior Minister Djelal Svechla described the gunfire heard near the KFOR patrol as “a game for Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic”.
Sweden accused Serbia of carrying out propaganda with the aim of creating a new conflict.
- Who is Shah Ismail? what did he do?
- Balkans | The reaction of a Serbian journalist on the occasion of the celebration of RS Day
- Balkans | Foreign Minister Osmani met with Zelensky
- Balkans | Bulgaria is one step closer to holding early elections after the People’s Party failed to form a government
- Balkans | Macedonia holds the presidency of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe
- Balkans | The first necropolis of Athens hosts the works of famous sculptors
- Balkans | Spasovsky announced that 9 people were arrested in the operation at the Tabanovce border crossing.
- Fuel prices have been updated.
- Balkans | A train and a minibus collide in Koprulu; Many wounded
- Balkans | A conference on “Poet in Love of the Country and Independence: Mehmet Akif Ersoy” was held in Sarajevo