Manuel Sarrazin, Germany’s special representative for the Western Balkans, has called for a constitutional amendment for North Macedonia that recognizes the Bulgarian minority.
Claiming that this summer will be a fateful moment for North Macedonia, Sarrazin said that without a constitutional amendment, EU negotiations will not be possible.
“We made our offer a year ago and we are still waiting for Skopje’s response. There will be no more negotiations or offers. There will be no more deals. Even if new ideas for negotiation with Bulgaria come up, we will not support them,” Sarrazin said.
source: Balkan News
- Balkans | The Turkish Magazine of the Year Awards have been announced
- Balkans | The Croatian parliament refuses to train Ukrainian soldiers in the country
- Balkans | Kosovo statement from Türkiye: We are following the events with concern
- Balkans | Izetbegović was not nominated.
- Balkans | The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina Konakovich met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the United Arab Emirates, Al Nahyan
- Balkans | The climate crisis increases droughts and floods
- Balkans | Pressure on Bosnian imams by Serbian officials
- Balkans | Serbian reaction to the European Parliament’s decision on Kosovo
- Balkans | One million lira was seized on a passenger bus coming to Türkiye from Serbia
- Balkans | NATO is preparing for the largest airlift exercise in its history