The Greek Prime Minister, Kyriakos Mitsotakis, during his visit to Xanthi on April 27, described the Turks of Western Thrace as a “religious minority”. “We are Turks who have lived on these lands for centuries,” said Halit Habibioglu, president of the European Union for Western Thrace Turkey.
Greece is going to elections on May 21st.
Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis visited Western Thrace on April 27, as part of his electoral work.
Mitsotakis denied the ethnic identity of the Xanthi people, describing the Turks as a “religious minority”.
“Do not use our identity and our rights for electoral advertising”
“We don’t want to be used as a tool for electoral propaganda about our identity and our rights.” Habipoğlu published a written statement saying:
“It is unacceptable that our Prime Minister, whose identity and rights are being denied, present us with materials and propaganda for the elections and describe our rights as ‘myths’.”
Habib Oglu said, “We are Turks who have lived on this land for centuries, no matter how much our country denies it.”
Habib Oglu stated that Greece does not define the minority in Albania as an “Orthodox Christian”, but rather a “Greek” minority.
“Is this how our country complies with the rules of international law and respects European values?” Ask the question.
- Balkans | Albanian Prime Minister Rama: The Turkish government will do what needs to be done in the reconstruction of the earthquake area
- Balkans | Turkish Education Day was celebrated on December 21 with great enthusiasm in the capital, Skopje ￼
- Balkans | The average net salary was announced in December at 34,364 dinars.
- Balkans | North Macedonian Turkish Education Day was celebrated in Edirne
- Balkans | Skopje is among the 10 most polluted cities in the world
- Balkans | Greeks, the largest student body in Bulgaria
- Balkans | A demonstration was organized in Kosovo to demand an increase in the salaries of the Energy Agency’s employees
- Balkans | Bosnia and Herzegovina will once again export beef to Turkey within the scope of the FTA
- Balkans | Protest against the representation of the European Commission in Sofia
- Kosovo seeks to preserve the recognitions