Bulgarian Minister of Economy and Industry Nikola Stoyanov, who was the guest of the “Hello Bulgaria” program on NOVA TV, said, “The final decision on whether we will enter the eurozone from the beginning of 2024 will be taken in May, when the final report of our country will be published. This means that from the 1st of June, prices will be everywhere in Euros and fibres.
He also commented on the decision of the deputies to provide coupons for fuel and transportation to every Bulgarian citizen whose monthly income is less than 3,400 BGN. “This decision left many question marks in mind,” Stoyanov said, but stressed that the ministry he heads is working on the details of the regulation.
The minister explained that the Ministry of Finance has not yet calculated whether the necessary financial resources are available for such a procedure. According to Stoyanov’s testimony, if it turns out that there is no money in the treasury, the coupons should be devalued or the income threshold should be lowered.
The cost of the transport voucher will be much higher than the cost of a discount of 25 stotenka per liter of fuel, the minister said.
- Balkans | Before Corti Lajçak and Escobar
- Balkans | Whether Bulgaria will enter the eurozone will be decided in May
- Balkans | Bulgaria and Saudi Arabia sign a memorandum of understanding in the field of economy
- Balkans | A Turkish soldier lends a hand to disabled children in Kosovo
- Balkans | Prime Minister Kovachevsky, President of Ukraine Zelensky spoke on the phone
- Balkans | Milanovic: “The European Union is a trade union”
- Balkans | The Real Path Folk Dance Arms Association is registered in Kosovo with its new costumes
- Balkans | Statement from Albania: “We are on the side of Kosovo”
- Balkans | Vucic announced the condition for removing the barricades
- Balkans | Kovachevsky: No one will be left alone in the fight against the crisis