“We must end unsustainable production and consumption practices that degrade the environment and increase the likelihood of unsafe and unhealthy food,” said Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization. He said.
TRT Global Forum 2022 is being organized for the sixth time this year under the theme “Shaping the Future: Uncertainties, Realities and Opportunities”.
As part of the event, food safety was discussed in a panel discussion titled “Feeding the World: Ensuring Global Food Security in Times of Crisis” moderated by TRT Global presenter Maria Ramos.
Director-General of the World Health Organization, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus joined the session via video message. Noting that the global hunger crisis has affected more than 800 million people, Ghebreyesus said infants, young children, pregnant and lactating women are among those most affected by this situation.
Noting that the WHO and its partners provide essential health services, Ghebreyesus noted, “In the long term, we need to fundamentally change food systems. We must end unsustainable production and consumption practices that degrade the environment and increase the likelihood of unsafe and unhealthy food.” Make an evaluation.
On the other hand, the United Nations Resident Coordinator in Turkey, Alvaro Rodriguez, stated that Russia has more grains than Ukraine, but it faces various problems, and he expressed hope for protection next season if opportunities are provided for Russian grains and fertilizers. .
Former Executive Secretary of the United Nations Committee on World Food Security, Chris Higadorn, stated that there are 823 million people without food security and these people do not have access to healthy, nutritious food on a daily basis.
Mukesh Kapila of the University of Manchester pointed out that food is a security issue and therefore every government and society should view food as a strategic tool.
The session “Changing Paradigms in the Age of Artificial Intelligence and Cyber Security” was held
After the session “Feeding the World: Ensuring Global Food Security in Times of Crisis”, a session entitled “The Global Race for Technological Supremacy: Changing Paradigms in the Age of Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity” was held, moderated by the presenter of TRT International. Alican Ayanlar.
Speaking at the session, digital media expert Glenn Gilmour stated that artificial intelligence is automating the decision-making process and that the use of this technology is increasing.
Researcher Maurizio Jerry pointed out that technology is advancing very quickly and stated that a meaning must be given to the technological revolution.
Baher Esmat, ICANN General Manager for the Middle East and Africa, stated that the Internet is designed and built according to technical standards, and that protocols help devices, computers, and networks communicate with each other.
- Balkans | Exit from Kosovo is expected for 3 hours at the Merdar border gate
- Balkan Time | The former president of the American Association of Young Men, Murad, has assessed potential constitutional changes in the country.
- Balkans | Vucic announces the strengthening of the border with North Macedonia
- Balkans | The feet of the bridge between the border gates were cleaned by Turkish and Greek teams
- Balkans | Rescue of 10 migrants in a frozen river on the border of Croatia with Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | They transport natural gas from the field to the house in sacks
- Discovery that could shed light on human history: Karahantepe
- Balkans | Radev and Nehammer: Protecting the EU’s external borders is a common obligation of the member states
- Balkans | Formation of a new government in Republika Srpska
- Balkans | Serbian President Vucic: They will not let anyone into the European Union before us