He enthusiastically celebrated Croatia’s third place in the 2022 World Cup by defeating Morocco 2-1 at Ban Jelacic Square in the capital, Zagreb.
As the final whistle sounded, thousands of Croatian fans gathered in the city’s largest square to celebrate the victory with Croatian flags and anthems.
Croatia, which finished third in the 1998 World Cup and second in the 2018 World Cup, achieved historic success by reaching third place in the 2022 World Cup.
While the Croatia national football team is expected to arrive in the country tomorrow, a grand welcome is planned for the players and technical committee who won medals in the last two World Cups.
- Balkans | Adding new names to the eavesdropping scandal in Greece
- Balkans | Vucic: The European Parliament’s decision to align Serbia’s foreign policy with the European Union is hypocritical
- Balkans | Croatia, which started using the euro, is trying to control price hikes
- Balkans | Serbia increases the number of special unit soldiers from 1,500 to 5,000
- Balkans | “If we can synchronize the programs, we will move to the next stage of negotiations.”
- 12-mile warning for Greece
- Balkans | Accident on the Ignatia Highway: TIR with a flat tire entered the oncoming road
- Balkans | The economy in Bulgaria grew by 3.3% between July and September
- Balkans | Heavy rains cause floods in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Provocation of Bulgarian citizens on the Macedonian border