Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said that the fate of Kosovo will be the same as that of Georgia.
Claiming that the tension in Kosovo began immediately after the EU summit in Tirana, Zaharova argued that the reason for this was the steps of the Kosovo authorities, encouraged by the EU’s promise to join Kosovo.
Reminding that Georgia was promised membership in NATO after the Bucharest summit, Zakharova claimed that after that, former President Saakashvili “went crazy” and began bombing South Ossetia.
Emphasizing that in the Tirana Declaration on December 6, the accession of the Western Balkan countries to the European Union was supported and it was noted in the declaration that Kosovo, like Serbia, is on the European path, Zaharova drew parallels between the examples of Georgia and Kosovo, and added that the European Union gave Kosovo a green field for conflict, He claimed it was light. “The danger of tension and armed conflict in northern Kosovo is increasing. The conclusion that can be drawn from this is that the fate of Kosovo is very different from that of the European perspective.” he wrote.
Arguing that the EU is engaged in provocations against Serbs, while on the one hand promising Belgrade a good future, Zaharova said, “This is treason from the beginning. Just like a marriage that began with treason.” he wrote.
Source: Balkan News
- Balkans | “Good neighborliness between Bulgaria and North Macedonia is a criterion for Skopje’s integration into the European Union”
- Balkans | Ramadan Tradition in Sarajevo: Children and Women Reciprocate
- Balkans | The wreckage of a small plane lost in a forested area in Croatia was found
- Balkans | A memorial letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the leader of the Turkish West Thrace community, Sadiq Ahmed
- Balkans | Foreign Minister Çavuşoğlu had a telephone conversation with his Serbian counterpart Dacic
- Balkans | Two aid trucks set off from North Macedonia to the earthquake zones
- Balkans | Amnesty International reported on the problems of the Turks of Western Thrace
- Balkans | Brnabic: Serbia has no intention of conflict
- Balkans | Kosovo Serbs protest against Vucic
- Balkans | The Ministry of National Defense Janissary Band held a concert on the historic bridge of Mostar