Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said that the fate of Kosovo will be the same as that of Georgia.
Claiming that the tension in Kosovo began immediately after the EU summit in Tirana, Zaharova argued that the reason for this was the steps of the Kosovo authorities, encouraged by the EU’s promise to join Kosovo.
Reminding that Georgia was promised membership in NATO after the Bucharest summit, Zakharova claimed that after that, former President Saakashvili “went crazy” and began bombing South Ossetia.
Emphasizing that in the Tirana Declaration on December 6, the accession of the Western Balkan countries to the European Union was supported and it was noted in the declaration that Kosovo, like Serbia, is on the European path, Zaharova drew parallels between the examples of Georgia and Kosovo, and added that the European Union gave Kosovo a green field for conflict, He claimed it was light. “The danger of tension and armed conflict in northern Kosovo is increasing. The conclusion that can be drawn from this is that the fate of Kosovo is very different from that of the European perspective.” he wrote.
Arguing that the EU is engaged in provocations against Serbs, while on the one hand promising Belgrade a good future, Zaharova said, “This is treason from the beginning. Just like a marriage that began with treason.” he wrote.
Source: Balkan News
- Research scares Greece: ‘Turks are very helpful’
- Balkans | Serbia and Bulgaria start building a new gas pipeline￼
- Balkans | Bomb threat at the State Department
- Balkans | Efforts to form a government in Bulgaria have reached a dead end: early elections are called
- Balkans | Gazi Hüsrev Bey Madrasah, Educational Institution of Ottoman Heritage in Bosnia and Herzegovina, 486 Years Old
- Balkans | A French company is investing 15 million BGN in expanding a factory in Karjali
- Balkans | Parliamentary question about the lack of medicines by the opposition in Greece
- Balkans | Serbian President Vucic: We saved Serbia from war
- Balkans | Turkish minority organizations in Western Thrace condemn the burning of the Holy Quran in Sweden
- Balkans | Swedish laws fail to protect Muslims and Jews